By GTOG Staff
In the spirit of the end-of-year-tradition of letting our earlier work this year do our work for us now, here are 12 of our top posts/moments, etc. from the past year. There are a lot more than 12 here. Basically, they’re things we think you may be interested in reading again.
Thank you, everyone, for a great 2011.
12. Summing up Steigerwald-Lambert-gate
Ryan Lambert from Puck Daddy went toe-to-toe with John Steigerwald about Alex Ovechkin, women with mustaches, and some really unfunny reference to Sidney Crosby being a vampire. We shamelessly injected ourselves as the voice of reason.
11. Steelers Lose the Super Bowl
Aaron Rodgers’ epic performance, Rashard Mendenhall’s devestating fumble, and why we weren’t that upset.
The song speaks for itself.
9. The Crosby Concussion
If something about Crosby’s concussion is on our Top lists for 2012, then we won’t have a blog anymore. We have no desire to re-read any of these posts, and can’t imagine why you would want to, but for the historical record, here is:
8. The Rebecca Black podcast
About as thorough of an analysis of a bad song as you can get. It’s Friday.
7. Pushing the Capitals’ buttons
6. Ted Leonsis’ Wars on Hearing and Counting
Speaking of the Caps, Ted Leonsis took great offense when we criticized his arena scoreboard for being too loud. What ensued was pettiness of a degree that could only be achieved by Mr. Leonsis. For the record, it’s probably still way too loud. Unleash the fury.
A few months later, we asked whether he fudged sellout numbers for something called the Baltimore Hockey Classic.
5. Never Say Never movie review
What happens when two grown men sit alone in an abandoned movie theater watching a documentary about Justin Bieber?
4. The Pens are eliminated
After a regular season nightmare, the Pens went out with a whimper against Tampa and we had all angles covered, with instant reaction and a classic GTOPG. With a few more days to decompress, we graded the forwards and the defense.
3. When the Walls Came Down
Nothing brings out the raw emotion at GTOG quite like the Bachelor and Bachelorette. We were there for every contrived twist and turn, whether it was Brad declarative sentences or Ashley’s insufferable insecurities.
– Previewing the Ladies of Brad Womack
– Artistry spoke for GTOG while Finesse was embedded with real ladies
– Brad wants so badly to be affectionate with you. Ok.
– When the show moves to some exotic location for repelling, we asked, What is the Island?
– The Women Told All, we may have been the only people listening.
– Wall-to-wall coverage of the Finale, with a preview podcast, a reaction podcast filled with some of the rawest emotion you’ve ever heard, and some final follow up thoughts on Chantal’s heartbreak.
– Recapping the second episode
– We lose our composure after we are overcome with raw emotion on this podcast
– Written reaction and raw emotion that can only be summoned by one of the most shocking episodes ever
– A raw emotion podcast from the maternity ward
2. Penn State
On Penn State, Joe Paterno, and how we react to scandals
1. GTOG Nation Welcomes Artistrette
Nothing says 2011 like the arrival of the newest member of GTOG’s family.
Happy New Year!